Why We Process Your Personal Information
Ibble provides a platform that unlocks knowledge about investing, facilitates real-world conversations, and builds user confidence over time. Offering these services and experiences requires Ibble to process personal information you provide. For example, Ibble receives and processes your personal information when you post materials using the app, create a user account, link your account with a third-party website, or play games using the service. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Service.
Information We Process to Provide the Service
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In some instances, information is collected in the aggregate that does not relate to any particular user or household ("Aggregate Data”), such as the number of App users per day. In other instances, personal information can be sufficiently anonymized that it cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular user (“Anonymous Data”).
Creating an Ibble account requires your basic contact information, including your phone number, email address, and confirmation that you are located within the United States. We may also require you to select a password for authentication and provide a username that will be visible to other users when you post to public portions of the Service. We receive and store this information and use it to create a user profile and provide you with access to the Service. We may use your email address to contact you with information relating to the Service or to provide support. We may also require your contact and payment information if you are entitled to receive payment based on your use of the Service or if you have accepted an obligation to provide payment. When you post or upload materials to the Service, including without limitation text, audio, images, or other media (collectively “User Content”), those materials are personal information.
When you use the App, Ibble may collect additional personal information, including more detailed contact information you provide, your location, demographics, and your use of the Service. We may also collect and record certain information such as your unique device ID, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your operating system (“OS”), and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting and helps us understand usage trends and for providing you with the correct version of the application.
Ibble may periodically conduct surveys or request your opinion relating to certain businesses or other investment-related matters; Ibble may process your responses to render them Anonymous Data or only record such information as Aggregate Data.
Data Privacy Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- Right to Know – a right to know what personal information is collected about you;
- Right to Access – a right to access your personal information;
- Right to Disclosure of Sales of Personal Information – a right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Right to Opt Out of Sales of Personal Information – a right to prevent a business from selling your personal information and prohibit businesses from discriminating against you if you choose to exercise such right;
- Right to Opt In – a right for individuals under 16 years of age to prohibit a business from selling their personal information, unless affirmatively authorized;
- Right to Erasure – a right to request erasure of personal information upon receipt of a verified consumer request.
Ibble will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. Please contact us if you wish to learn what personal information we hold about you or would like to request deletion of your personal information. Once we have verified your identity, we will comply with all reasonable requests.
You may communicate with us regarding any privacy-related matters by telephoning us at 512-766-8383, visiting our website at https://getibble.com/legal/privacy, or emailing us at email@example.com. We take all of your concerns seriously and will review any written complaints received by us. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding your personal information.
Business Purposes For Processing Your Personal Information
The following list details how and why Ibble uses your personal information when providing the Service:
- A. Authentication; User Accounts. We use your submitted personal information to help prevent other users from accessing your user account, which includes using your personal information to authenticate user sign-in attempts. This generally allows us to prevent individuals without access to your login credentials from logging in to your user account or otherwise using the Service as if you.
- B. Notifications. We may provide you with push notifications or notifications via SMS or email regarding your use of the Service. You may adjust your notification settings within your user account options.
- C. User Experience & Research; Support. We may use your contact information to ask you about your user experience and your use of the Service. We may also use your contact information to provide support via email.
- D. Payment. If you are entitled to receive payment or if you are providing payment using the App, your personal information must be provided to a payment processor or your account information (for instance, your PayPal account) must be submitted.
- E. User Content. Materials you post or upload to the Service, along with your profile picture and account information (if you login using a social media provider or other online service) will be associated with your user account. This allows other users to view a username (and picture, if applicable) in connection with materials you post, and reciprocally, allow you to see the usernames of other users that post or upload materials to the Service. You may limit the audience for your User Content by specifying the desired audience in the Service when the User Content is shared. Ibble may also collect and process personal information relating to your engagement with User Content to help it provide you with User Content that may be of interest to you.
- H. Service Usage Studies. The Service may use UXCam to anonymously study how users interact with the Service. UXCam may record screens visited, interaction patterns (such as screen actions, gestures: taps, scrolls) and Device details (Type, Version, Model, Operating System). This information helps us identify user experience and compatibility issues, which supports our efforts to improve the Service. UXCam does not collect personally identifiable information and does not track your browsing habits across apps. More information about the information collected by UXCam is available at the following url: http://www.uxcam.com/privacy.
- I. Detecting and Preventing Fraud. We use your information to monitor for potentially fraudulent activities committed using the Service, which helps protect Ibble and its users.
- J. Legal Requirements. We may use or disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with applicable law, including without limitation, lawful law enforcement requests and United States Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets Control compliance. To the extent we are legally required to disclose information to law enforcement, we will comply with such requests. We will not otherwise voluntarily disclose your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected By Ibble Within the Preceding 12 Months
Over the past 12 months, Ibble has collected information concerning users’ names, addresses, email addresses, citizenship, usernames, User Content, use of the Service, IP addresses, MAC addresses, IMEI, browsers, devices, operating systems, and survey responses.
How long does Ibble retain my Personal Information?
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Agreement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Can I Limit Ibble’s Processing of my Personal Information? Can I Request Deletion of my Personal Information?
Yes, you may limit our processing of your data or request deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if compliance with your request would prevent Ibble from being able to provide the Service to you, then compliance with your request may require termination of your user account.
Does Ibble Process the Personal Information of Children?
Ibble requires that all of its users be over 18 years of age. If you have concerns or believe Ibble may have received personal information relating to a person under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
How can I Access my Information? Can I Request a Correction?
Yes, you may obtain a copy or request a correction of your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact applicable regulatory authorities regarding our processing of your personal information.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
To the extent possible, users will receive equal service and price regardless of whether they exercise their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. Ibble does not sell the personal information of its users.
You may contact us regarding these rights by emailing us at email@example.com or by phone at 512-766-8383.
Usage Statistics & Tracking
Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer and/or device to remember things about your visit, such as your preferences or a user session identification number. Information contained in a cookie may be linked to your personal information for purposes such as improving the quality of the Service or tailoring recommendations to your interests. You can disable cookies at any time, although it may prevent you from accessing or using some or all features of the Service.
Web Beacons. A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page. Ibble may use Web Beacons with the Service to count users who have visited particular pages. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ personally identifiable information; they are a technique Ibble may use to compile aggregated statistics about usage of the Service. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides.
You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Third parties are not permitted to use Web Beacons with the Service.